Full Time Grounds Position
$12 - $14/hr
This is a position that requires minimal supervision and physical labor associated with ground management. Coordinate all phases of landscape & grounds management including ornamental landscape, lawn, sports field, parking lot maintenance, snow / ice removal, equipment maintenance and repair and other tasks assigned by grounds manager. Partner with grounds manager and campus administration to ensure both a safe work environment and quality customer service.
* Monitor project activities to ensure that instructions are followed, deadlines are met, and schedules are maintained.
* Performs daily "policing" of grounds for litter and debris.
* Maintain records for all work and services performed including rigid records for pesticide applications.
* Mowing, edging and trimming of turf and includes subsequent clean-up of resulting debris from these operations.
* Maintain financial records of all expenditures within the department.
* Perform quality performance inspections routinely.
* Endorse team concept across disciplines.
* Ability to operate mowing equipment, lift/move equipment, materials, supplies and tools.
* Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
* Strong sense of urgency; self-directed.
* Must be dedicated, determined and dependable.
A criminal background check, results of which are not necessarily a bar to employment, and a drug screen are required.
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org