The Golf Center at SportsOhio, located just outside Dublin, Ohio, is home to a par 3, 9-hole golf course, over 100 natural grass tees & 36 covered tees, and chipping and putting greens.
We are currently seeking a full-time Turf & Landscape Manager for the golf facility and to assist our other facilities as needed.
Responsibilities of the Turf & Landscape Manager:
- Oversee and handle the landscape operation and turf maintenance of our 3-par, 9-hole golf course, driving range, and common areas.
- Supervise the landscaping staff, including scheduling personnel, assigning tasks, training, and safety monitoring. This position is hands-on; you will be performing alongside the crew members handling mowing, tree and hedge trimming, weeding, flower maintenance, pesticide application, fertilizer application, seeding, maintenance and repair of the irrigation systems.
- Purchase tools, supplies, and materials. Complete and submit the required purchase orders.
- Maintain the equipment and tools; schedule necessary maintenance with our mechanics.
- Keep a record of our application schedule and products used for fertilizing, seeding, and pesticide applications.
- Assist with golf ball picking at the driving range.
- Responsibilities will also include some desk and computer work, assisting in the Pro Shop during the winter months, and completing miscellaneous projects as assigned.
Qualifications for the Turf & Landscape Manager:
- High school diploma required. Associate or bachelor degree in turf management or horticulture is a plus.
- 3+ years experience in a landscaping and turf maintenance at a golf course, preferably in a supervisory role. Experience should include mowing, greens maintenance, weeding, trimming, fertilizing, seeding, and irrigation.
- Must have good management skills and the ability to communicate politely and effectively with other staff members. Must be willing to address performance, attendance, and safety issues with the crew members.
- Basic working knowledge of Word, Excel, and Gmail is essential.
- Must have a valid Commercial Pesticide Applicator License and maintain it throughout the course of employment.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record (less than 4 points) is also required.
SportsOhio offers a competitive wage, benefits (medical, dental, life ins., vision, paid vacation, sick/personal, holidays) and annual bonus (based on personal and company performance). No relocation provided. Only applicants in the Central Ohio area will be considered for this position.
To Apply for the Turf & Landscape Manager position, apply online at http://sportsohio.org/online-application/
*A pre-employment drug test and background check through Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation and FBI will be required upon an offer of employment.