The superintendent will be responsible for the proper care and maintenance of the golf course in its entirety. Including, but not limited to, landscaping, equipment, rental carts, buildings, and irrigation system as well as training and supervision of employees.
A successful candidate will demonstrate good communication skills, knowledge of common golf course care practices, have a good mechanical background, and be financially responsible.
- Regulations and standards governing the maintenance of private golf course and recreation facilities.
- Principles, practices and methods used in maintenance of golf course grounds and facilities.
- Principles of golf course maintenance, turf management and agronomy principles and techniques.
- Operation, maintenance and repair standards for specialized golf course equipment and vehicles.
- Irrigation equipment, water management systems and sprinkler control devices.
- Proper use and storage of chemicals including OSHA Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for hazardous chemicals used in the workplace.
- Federal, state and City safety rules and regulations, occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Environmentally responsible and resource-efficient turf and grounds maintenance techniques.
- Ability to play and enjoy the game of golf !!
License and certification requirements:
An Ohio State Driver's License is required. Pesticide Applicator License from the Ohio Department of Agriculture is also required; technical training in turf maintenance and irrigation management is preferred.
- Full-time with benefits to be detailed in interview
- Supervising: 2 years (Preferred)
- Agriculture: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Ohio Spray License (Required)
If Interested, contact:
General Manager, John Brewer
via email: Splitrockteetimes@gmail.com
Candidate to start work January 2019